Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Flat out





With spring in full swing and summer right around the corner, we start to think about wardrobe changes and additions. I personally find fall much more inspiring, but summer can be just as fun in a laid back way.

I've been blogging lately about a feminine edge. Lots of black and a bit more "rock and roll". And although I prefer this style of dress, spring and summer doesn't warrant those looks. Just the heat alone will cause you to suffocate in black leather.

I'm still loving skinny jeans for the easy days of summer. With a long fitted tank top and a pair of flats you can keep cool and keep your cool. Pulling your hair back in an easy mid-range pony tail can finish off your "lazy" day look.

I think that a really great pair of flats is a must for summer. Flip flops, I know, are the go to shoe but a flat is a more sophisticated and polished way to go. A sandal can also work as long as it wraps around your ankle or heel. And to give yourself a little bit of "edge" finding a shoe that has a small amount of hardware or embellishment is always nice. Have fun this summer and stay cool. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment