Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ahh New York!





Love, Love, Love Olivia Palermo's New York Tribeca apartment....The floor to ceiling windows is a must when living in the city. All that natural light in a small space will make it worth living in a 500 sq ft box. But besides the size of the apartment this space is perfection. The Hermes orange tray gives just enough color and funk to her simple, neutral color palate.

Keep in mind when decorating your personal space, most of us don't live in a 5000 sq ft home, so keep from over buying and stuffing your place with everything you see. I know that there is a lot of great things to buy, but use some control. Sit down and really think about the vibe you want your space to say. Take a look at the style of your house, but more importantly your personal style and lifestyle. Your home should be a reflection of you not a mish mosh of someone elses style.

Neutral walls is a good place to start. Add your key pieces next, then finish it off with accessories that reflect you (books, frames, candles etc). Take your time when decorating. Go out on missions to find things you really LOVE. I know for myself when I see something that my first instinct is "I have to have it" it usually is right. Even if it's a little expensive. That may mean you can't buy anything else for the month, but that's okay. Trust me when I tell you you'll be happier with one great piece vs a house filled with IKEA. Nothing wrong with IKEA, but you know what I mean. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment