Saturday, May 1, 2010

Jenna Lyons





I'm not sure if many of you know who Jenna Lyons is, but you should. She is the creative director for JCrew. Jenna oversees everything that goes into what JCrew is today. From collaborating with the designers on their designs, to what looks will be showcased in the catalogs. She's been with the company since she was 21 years old and has over the years worked herself up the ladder.

I really didn't know much about Jenna Lyons until I saw her on Oprah recently. Then I realized that I had seen an article in one of the magazines I subscribed too, DOMINO (which is no longer). Although i'm not a super fan of the "preppy" JCrew style, I really like Jenna's personal style. She mixes and matches all sorts of different textures to give an eclectic vibe to her life.

My favorite piece to Jenna Lyons' life is her Brooklyn apartment. It's such a mix of modern and funky. As you can see from the photos, it's a relaxed, highly stylized vibe. From the black chairs with sheepskin covering them in the living room, to the black walls in her bedroom, she manages to bring this eclectic style forward without it looking like a circus.

I enjoy going back to the photos for my own life's inspirations, and I hope you enjoy her vision as well....xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment